Flaunting My Photobook

    I love to take pictures, but I usually don't do much more with my pictures... after dumping them onto my computer and organizing them into little files on my hard drive.  No, I don't even post them on Facebook.  However, as a member of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I was given the opportunity to create a real (not digital) photo album with KODAK Gallery.  I thought this would be the perfect way to create a fun memoir of our summer food tour of Italy.


    As I mentioned above, I am not at all a photo album type of person.  I don't enjoy printing pictures and sticking them to pages with colorful stickers...so I was really impressed with the sleekness and sophistication of this album. 


The KODAK Gallery is a website that lets you customize and create your very own photo book, be it sleek, cute, silly, romantic...you make it your own, and when you are done you have a memento to place on your coffee table (or wherever).  My first thought was how, at the next party, there would be no more cleaning up spilled drinks on my keyboard from friends leaning over my laptop screen to browse through my pictures! 


  I quickly uploaded all my pictures, added a background, created my own page layouts, chose my book cover...and Voila!  A great memoir of my trip!  And....maybe in the future... a perfect meal, or a crazy Birthday party.  As I was making my book, I was actually thinking how it would have made a really good gift too.  I found myself wishing that I had, for once, not taken so many pictures of food.  It would have been nice to have some great people pictures, maybe of my Mom and I, so that I could have created something memorable for Mothers' Day....even if it is 10 months away...


   There is just something kinda neat about seeing your work (writing, photos, etc) published in a hardback book, it feels so important (even if you did make it yourself...shhh).  But, the best part about that, is that you can make them again and again...as many as you like, over and over.  If you want to make a KODAK photo book before August 31st, you can use this link: KODAK to get 40% off of a medium hardcover or a large Photo Book.

Comments

Popular Posts