Pass the Parmesan

    Arriving at month 1.  It feels like month 1 of a dating relationship that will eventually fizzle out.  The initial excitement has begun to wear off.  Not as many butterflies in the stomach when I am around you, Cleveland.  We have now entered into that phase 2 of our relationship...we should both realize that we are not a perfect match. Hopefully, it will be one of those relationships in which I learn to like you more as I get to know you?  Better be. 
  Finding my way around the city, having experienced the new restaurants that initially interested me, and realizing that 1) they are not all that great, and 2) I cannot eat out every single day of the week, since neither my pocketbook, nor my waistline will allow it, I am left at a bit of a fork in the road.  It reminds me of when, for example, you have just finished making dinner (whatever it may be), and you finally sit down, take a few bites, sip a glass of wine, and then you realize that the dish that you have just poured your sweat and tears into, is really not all that great.  So now, you could just sit and continue to eat and be done with it, or like I always tend to do, you look around for something to add to it, maybe some fresh herbs, some parmesan, or maybe some hot chili peppers...
   In looking for that "something", today I walked 5 long blocks in the heat of the August morning to the Cleveland State University Farmers Market.  The market was small, but had good variety, including tomatoes, peppers, cheeses, peaches and berries, cakes, cookies, pies, Middle Eastern food, and perogies (a Cleveland specialty).  It was nice just to talk to some people, and get out of the house really.  As I walked back home with just a few heirloom tomatoes and a homemade granola bar, I thought to myself... the sky is blue today, and my strange bug bites that I brought home from Florida seem to be going away.  Hopefully, the rest of the day will go by quickly, and then tomorrow is Friday.   
       

Comments

Popular Posts